This quiz explores how to safely incorporate resistance training into youth fitness programs by taking sensible precautions. Also included is an article with research that shows how including cardio, weights and more in the same session is a winning combination for weight loss and general fitness.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of designing resistance training programs for youth.
- Discuss safety issues cited in research studies on resistance training for youth.
- Discuss evidence-based strategies for implementing a resistance training program for youth.
- Design effective “combined training” programs and sessions for small groups and individuals.
- Explain how new research on interference during training relates to designing effective combined training.
- Identify common ways to modify combined training sessions.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|February 2018 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Tips for Resistance Training with Youth, and Combined Training for Weight Loss ||Module|