This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including the heart-healthy benefits of walking, the effects of exercise on work stress and Pilates for postmenopausal women. Also included is a research article that discusses aging and cardiovascular disease. This article takes a look at new studies that discusses how physical activity can preserve the health of our arteries, potentially adding to our lifespans.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Define cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis, oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and inflammation.
- Explain how aging is associated with cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis, oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and inflammation.
- Describe evidence-based research on the role of cardiorespiratory exercise in delaying cardiovascular disease and aging-related conditions of the vascular system.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|February 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and Preserving Youth with Physical Activity ||Module|