This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of food and nutrition topics, including the almost immediate health benefits of cutting sugar from kids’ diets, the benefits of a personalized diet plan, and the negative effects of self-weighing on young females. Also included is an article discussing how to help clients navigate health claims on food packaging. This article explores concepts such as food marketing techniques and types of health claims, as well as FDA regulations and how the limits of these laws are often pushed.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Identify the potential land mines that exist for clients regarding health claims on food packaging.
- Describe the major FDA “claims” categories that may be found on food packaging.
- Explain how food marketers push the limits of the law and keep the FDA at bay.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|February 2016 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Nutrition News, and Navigating Health Claims on Food Labels ||Module|