There are many benefits associated with Pilates practice but how many of them are backed by research? In this course, you will learn which claims about Pilates’ effectiveness are backed by strong evidence and which ones still need more research. Also included in this quiz, find mind-body-spirit news, including how yoga can help people with multiple sclerosis, how to relieve low-back pain and more.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Discuss which benefits of Pilates practice are supported by strong research evidence.
- Discuss which benefits of Pilates practice are supported by moderate research evidence.
- Identify teaching tips that apply lessons learned from research on the Pilates method.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|February 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Mind-Body-Spirit News, and Pilates Research Update ||Module|