Check out this course for a review of key mind-body approaches to cardiovascular disease, with particular emphasis on meditation, relaxation and cognitive skills (mental processes related to perceptions, attitudes and beliefs). Additionally, the course will describe the field of mind-body medicine, review research on cardiovascular disease and the mind-body connection, and provide practical suggestions for facilitating mind-body awareness. You'll learn two factors that increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, and various practices that can support cardiovascular health. This course will show you how to relax your body and calm your mind for a longer, healthier life.
- Identify the four basic components necessary to elicit the relaxation response.
- Describe how cognitive restructuring contributes to stress reduction.
- Define the term mindfulness.
- List two factors that increase the risk for developing cardiovascular disease.
- Name three mind-body practices that can support cardiovascular health.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|December 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal Test 3: Cardiovascular Disease and the Mind-Body Connection ||Module|