Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, FACSM, presents the latest science behind addictive eating behavior and lay out a science-based, three-stage recovery plan that incorporates cutting-edge discoveries in epigenetics and neuroscience. Learn practical tools that you can use to help guide your clients as they transition from obsessions about “false fixes” to a reliance on healthier behaviors. Dr. Peeke will present her novel Recovery-Centric lifestyle treatment blueprint, which incorporates top-level science integrating the three basic pillars of mental,nutritional and physical fitness.
- Define the role of dopamine in the brain’s reward system.
- Discuss the evolution of the scientific breakthroughs building a basis for the relationship between food and addiction.
- Describe the emergence of epigenetics and its importance in the treatment of food addiction.
- Explain the role of the prefrontal cortex and key ways to optimize its function.
- Describe the role of the microbiome in optimal mind-body function and performance.
- Understand the importance of exercise for sustained recovery from food addiction.
|Caving to the Craving: The New Science of Food Addiction and Recovery...With a Twist ||Module|
About the Author
Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP IDEA Author/Presenter
Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is a Pew Foundation Scholar in nutrition and metabolism and an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Maryland. She serves as chief medical correspondent for Discovery Health TV and is host of the National Body Challenge show. She is a New York Times best-selling author and a nationally recognized speaker on fitness and nutrition.
... read more.