Circuit training continues to be one of the most popular formats for group exercise and small-group training. Learn how to incorporate body-weight exercises and small studio equipment into a circuit workout for functional strength. Using small equipment, discover a variety of total-body, integrated strength-training exercises that can be incorporated into any circuit-training class format. Simple to follow and accessible to all participants, the concepts learned in this course are functional and fun!
- Design a multistation cardio-strength circuit training workout using a variety of small studio equipment.
- Explain the physiological benefits of combining cardio training and strength training in the same workout session.
- Identify a variety of functional strength exercises that can be used in a multistation circuit training workout.
- Create a variety of cardiovascular exercise activities that can be used in a multistation circuit training workout.
- Describe how to effectively and safely increase or decrease the intensity of a cardio-strength circuit workout.
- Choose appropriate instructional cuing that should be used while teaching a multistation cardio-strength circuit training workout.
|Cardio-Strength Circuits For Fun And Function! ||Module|
About the Author
Fred Hoffman, MEd IDEA Author/Presenter
Fred Hoffman, M.Ed., is the owner of Fitness Resources Consulting Services and the author of Going Global: An Expert’s Guide to Working Abroad in the International Fitness Industry. The recipient of the 2007 IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year Award, Fred holds a Master’s Degree in Health Education from Boston University and has over thirty years of experience in the fitness and health industry. Fred is a member of the Board of Directors of the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and from 2013 to 2016 he served as a member of the ACE Industry Advisory Panel. Fred’s expertise has taken him to nearly 50 countries on six continents to speak at more than 200 conferences and conventions. In 2001 he was elected to the International Who's Who of Professionals. Certifications: ACE and ACSM Education provider for: ACE
... read more.