This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including the positive benefits of gym memberships, the correlation between sitting and accelerated aging, the effects of "intense" weight loss on female physiology, and the negative consequences of fat shaming. Also included is a research article that discusses the physiology of fatigue. This article takes a look at the impact of fatigue on physical performance.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Define fatigue and explain its basic cause in muscle.
- Explain several of the sex differences in muscle fatigue and the known mechanisms.
- Discuss how the brain affects fatigue.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|April 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and The Physiology of Fatigue ||Module|