This quiz contains an article that explains creative ways to prepare clients for summer water sports through off-water training programs. Also included is an article discussing the technique of hand portioning as a more effective alternative to counting calories.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Describe the physiology and movement characteristics of surfing, wakeboarding, standup paddling and kayaking.
- Design and implement off-water training programs to condition watersports enthusiasts.
- Use equipment in unique and challenging ways to simulate the movements of surfing, wakeboarding, standup paddling and kayaking.
- Identify proper portion sizes for protein, carbohydrates, fats and vegetables, using the hand as a guide.
- Still using the hand as a guide, list the appropriate daily and per-meal portions for men and women.
- Explain how to adjust portions to meet individual needs and goals.
|April 2016 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Prepare for Summer Water Sports, and Use Hand Portioning ||Module|