In this information-filled course, you will learn the latest research in health and fitness today; from studies about the risk of stroke to how high-intensity interval training may impact brain function. Also, become familiar with rhabdomyolysis, a syndrome related to the breakdown of striated muscle. Learn about the triggers of exercise-induced RM so you can share this knowledge with your clients. So much stimulating information, all in one course!
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Describe the mechanisms of rhabdomyolysis and exertional rhabdomyolysis and the potential health consequences.
- Discuss the association of extreme exercise and eccentric exercise to exertional rhabdomyolysis, and identify training strategies for preventing this syndrome.
- Explain common physiological markers for detecting rhabdomyolysis.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|April 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News and Rhabdomyolysis ||Module|