After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Define “warding patterns” in the context of sport and in physiological terms.
- Identify the need for warding patterns in a well-balanced exercise program.
- Analyze the training effects of warding patterns and the adaptations that result.
- Describe the guidelines for proper regression and progression schemes.
- Demonstrate beginner, intermediate and advanced drills that systematically add incremental stress to the system for proper adaptation.