Learn how to prepare the physical and mental state of the client in an efficient manner allowing for more time to dedicate to training. Beyond traditional sets and repetition schemes, how do we bulletproof a body to maximize performance and minimize risk of injury? Optimal range of motion, dynamic stability, isometric strength and power production can all play a part in successful program design. This course will explore all of these in a thought-provoking and game-changing session for your future program design.
- Design a movement preparation plan that raises clients’ core temperature, prepares the joints that are about to be loaded and/or excites the nervous system for what is to come.
- List the various muscle fiber types and identify how your programming will have an impact on which muscle fiber types are recruited.
- Summarize the most recent research on muscle hypertrophy and its impact on your program design. Plan a program that is based on this research and could be implemented right away.
- Compare the benefits of light-load training versus heavy-load training and understand how your program design will affect a client’s training outcomes, including the possibility of overtraining.
- Describe how some of the strongest people in history applied progressive overload, variability, wave loading and other advanced program models to push the limits of human performance.
- Identify the force velocity curve and describe how a training program that covers the entire curve will maximize performance in any athlete who needs to provide force quickly.
| Advanced And Progressive Mechanics Of Lifting And Strength Training ||Module|
About the Author
Michael Cunico IDEA Author/Presenter
I am the National Fitness Manager for Fitness First Australia, and I am responsible for driving the strategic direction of both Personal Training and Group Exercise departments for this organisation, overseeing a department that includes 2500 fitness professionals. I have spent the majority of my career working directly with trainers and instructors to maximise their performance and to positively impact members. I have delivered training to thousands of trainers and instructors globally.
... read more.